Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi calling

gorbyhound
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to use Wi-fi calling on my iPhone SE but it’s stopped working. Calls started not connecting or dropping out so I switched to airplane mode (Wi-fi enabled) as I thought it was defaulting to a weak mobile signal. Now I get a message saying I need to connect to WiFi or switch airplane mode off, yet everything else is working fine, including FaceTime. I’ve followed all the instructions to make sure everything is enabled and restarted the phone but it still isn’t working. The only thing that has changed is my broadband supplier, but I’m not sure why that would make any difference. Any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@gorbyhound 

You may want to check with your BB supplier that VOIP is enabled. 

Also check with O2 to make sure WiFi calling is still active on your account. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

gorbyhound
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank for your reply. I have checked my account, and it says it is still active. I am able to use other VOIP apps such as WhatsApp and FaceTime so I assume that is enabled by my BB supplier.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@gorbyhound 

You can't check what is active account side. 

You need to call customer service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

gorbyhound
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the fact that I can see that the service is added to my account in My O2 doesn't necessarily mean it is? I'll attempt to get in touch with them then! Thanks 🙂

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

That's correct @gorbyhound 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6