cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in my02 do I find which bank account pays my PAYG auto top up?

Frustration
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an old O2 PAYG for £5 a month unlimited texts and minutes that has an auto top up set up that tops it up by £5 when balance drops below £5.

I want to see which bank account pays this top up and change it to a different one.

However, I cannot see anywhere in MyO2 (on a PC) that lets me see that. 

Of the menu choices along the top...

My device shows me I have £5.26 left, the data of the next renewal date and offers to change my tariff

Top up simply wants me to manually top up by entering a credit card and my address

Device details just has a link to show me how to unlock my device (but it's not locked )

My orders says I haven't got any

Contact preferences is just about how I want junk mail delivered

Manage my details only has options to change my mobile number, username, password etc and a link under billing address that wants me to select an account from MyO2 but if I click that it just has an option to 'remove this device' and all the menu items vanish from the top so I have to log out and log back in again even to see my balance.

Trying to contact O2 just gets me to a chat robot that looks like it was written by a 6th former it's so poor at text recognition.

Anyone know where the top up bank account details for PAYG are hidden?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Frustration 

You need to call 4445. Or contact O2 via social media

Message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Frustration Check your bank statements, if you have more than one account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Frustration
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I'm not setting up a social media logon just so I can talk to a company that's taking my money!

And my experience of phoning is that the agents usually misunderstand the difference between a question and a request for action. ie I ask "how to I delete a bank account" and instead of telling me how, the say "I understand you want to delete a bank account"  and if you're not careful it gets deleted. - hence my user name here.

Message 4 of 10

Frustration
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Check my bank statements for what? The payments are currently coming from someone else's bank account. That's why I'm asking here is anyone knows where those details are shown on my O2 account so I can change them to mine.

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Frustration 

I have double checked and in MY O2 for PAYG, payment is set up on a recurring basis taking your card number. (not your bank or sort code.) Normally you would be able to add another card when following the prompts by calling 4444.

If this doesn't work for you THEN you would need to call O2 on 4445.

Guide: My O2 Pay & Go 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Frustration
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, Thank you, that's really what I meant. The auto top up payments are being taken from someone else's card at the moment and I want to change it to my card. How did you reach the place where you could see your card details? 

This is what I see when I log on but none of the menu items at the top take me there

o2 home.jpg

Clicking 'top up' doesn't show me my existing auto top up arrangements, it just asks me to enter a one off card payment 

o2 top up.jpg

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

This looks to be the place to go - but as I am a Contract customer, the options disappear once I have logged-in: https://www.o2.co.uk/topup

The first option in the Orange circle might take you there...?

O2 Auto Top Up .png

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Frustration 

You wont see it in My O2 for PAYG. As I said in my last post you have the option to add another card when you go through the automated top up line on 4444.

When I was PAYG, I used three different cards to top up. Just follow the prompts when you call 4444.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

If you want to use the card of your choice for recurring top ups then you have to call 4445.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Frustration 

Looking at the screenshot you have provided here

Cleoriff_0-1639918090658.jpeg

What happens when you "enter Billing Address" and "enter Card details"?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10