Did you mean: 

WhatsApp verification code

Louisag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I ported my old Vodafone number to my new o2 iPhone yesterday. I can receive texts and calls and everything is set up correctly except when I try to set up WhatsApp I don’t get the verification code or the callback request.  I have tried uninstalling off old and new device and nothing. Turning off and on etc. 

if I can’t fix this asap I will have to send the phone back 😞 

Thanks, 

Louisa 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147826 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Louisag 

Looks like you should contact customer service as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or call on 202 or 0344 809 0202.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 26

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm having the same issue but on Android (Pixel 6a). I guess customer service is the best followup then?

Message 3 of 26

Louisag
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried customer service too and the lady couldn’t help at all!

Message 4 of 26

PaulD2
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really? What a nightmare. I've been trying for about a week now. I managed to contact Whatsapp and they told me they've never even received any request for a security code from me!

Message 5 of 26

MI5
  • 147826 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@PaulD2 @Louisag 

If you have a zero spend cap, try increasing it to £5.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 26

PaulD2
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on pay monthly and I have plenty of minutes/SMSs remaining, so I can't try that unfortunately.

Message 7 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10910 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3123 Solutions

If you ported across @Louisag @PaulD2  make sure the number is correct  in the phone settings, as this can sometimes trip up whatsapp and some other apps

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 147826 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@PaulD2 wrote:

I'm on pay monthly and I have plenty of minutes/SMSs remaining, so I can't try that unfortunately.

@PaulD2 

That's nothing to do with spend caps.

They are for out of contract charges but always cause random issues. 

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Message 9 of 26

M25
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been experiencing the same issue for over 3 weeks. I've tried changing the sim, adding a £5 spending cap to my account. I've also tried resetting my phone as well as putting my sim into another iPhone and also an Android phone. Unfortunately, none of these steps have resolved the issue. I've tried the Call me option, but in doing so I didn't receive a call after initiating the request. I've repeated this process several times during the past 3 weeks, all with no success.

I'm able to make and receive calls and am able to receive verification texts from other services such as my bank and other MFA related services and have no listed blocked numbers.

I've escalated the issue with O2 who were unable to identify the cause, on the 5th day of the escalation O2 then advised me the issue was being escalated to another team and to allow up to a further 5 days. When I spoke to them I was told they weren't aware of any other customers with this issue.

I've tried activating WhatsApp on a difference number via EE on the same phone via the call me option, in doing so I promptly received the call back with the verification code. I've also contacted WhatsApp support on another of occasions who've replied each time saying the issue is with my cellular provider being O2.

😞

Message 10 of 26