Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone is frozen and I cannot get into My O2

TonyShimmon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iPhone 14 is frozen. I am an O2 pay monthly customer and my phone is still quite new and I pay for it on my O2 account. My name ia Anthony (or Tony) Shimmon and my number. I cannot log into MyO2 because the verification code has to be sent to my phone. As my phone is frozen, I cannot see my verification code. Obviously, the system testers have not allowed for that!

Please provide support as I am on holiday in France until September and rely on my phone for a variety of things. I have tried all tye methods to unlock the phone but they do not resolve the problem. Apple in France want about 635 euros just to look at the phone. Please can you held as I am 72 years old with health issues.

Thank you

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23698 Posts
  • 1041 Topics
  • 3753 Solutions

@TonyShimmon This is not O2. This is a customer community. Your phone number is visible to anyone. Go to the down facing arrow above the date and time in your post and click Edit Reply to remove your number or you run the risk of being spammed or scammed.

It's doubtful that anyone here would be able to help you with your issue. You may have to go to Apple.

FLAGGED

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93565 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

Start here:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo (could be as long as 30 seconds) 

The timing is a little critical, you may have to try it several times. See this for more detail:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won‘t turn on or is frozen

If no help, have it checked: Find Locations

Good luck.

Message 3 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7395 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Bambino Seems a waste of time Flagging today..

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 9

TonyShimmon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bambino. I did not realise this was a customer community so thank you for pointing that out. It seems that an admin has kindly removed my phone number from my post. 

Message 5 of 9

TonyShimmon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for taking the trouble to respond Jonsie. I have tried that method many times now but unfortunately with my phone it does not resolve the issue. I am now awaiting a reponse from O2 Accessibility support but there acknowledgement email tells me it could be 72 hours before I have a reply.

Message 6 of 9

TonyShimmon
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for pointing this out Enlli. I confess I did not know this at the time I was posting. I thought I was posting directly to O2. It seems silly for the MyO2 site to have to verify your logon credentials with a one time passcode for the to the phone in question when there may be occassions such as mine where you cannot access the phone. Or am I being naive?

Message 7 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7395 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@TonyShimmon Unfortunately the need to Verify for my O2 was added very recently. We regulars here did point out there were many scenarios where customers could not access there phone. Seems there are people in O2 who simply can't think through things

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12467 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Is there a possibility of you borrowing a phone to put your sim in to receive the code @TonyShimmon ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9