Did you mean: 

Switching SIM

OCC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My old physical SIM has been de-activated from my iPhone X and I don't have an activated e-SIM for my new iPhone 15.

I've called several times before the old SIM was deactivated and promised unequivocally that I would receive an email with a link to a QR code the same evening to activate my new SIM. Both times I've only received an order confirmation email which includes details of my order but nothing relating to accessing an e-SIM. I've scanned these so many times and they only have order details and terms and conditions. I was also asked to find the "Cellular" option on the new iPhone 15 that I received under my contract and the call handler, whilst perfectly nice, was absolutely baffled when I told him I didn't have that option. I spent an hour on the phone and he had no idea how to help.

I have now been unable to use my phone for 3 days and I need it for work. I can't call O2 for help. The chat system on the website won't work (and tells me to call O2). I can't log into the O2 app because it needs text verification, and I can't receive texts without a working SIM. I can't log in to the O2 website because it also asks for text verification on the new device. Nothing is working and I am stuck in limbo and beyond frustrated. This contract is not cheap and I am literally paying for nothing at this point (having already wasted a week without a phone at circa £65 a month).

As I clearly am not getting anywhere with an e-SIM, is there a way I can just request a new physical SIM instead to move my number across to and re-activate? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148643 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28425 Solutions

@OCC 

Pop in store with photo ID and they will give you whichever sim you want.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2