Did you mean: 

Virgin - o2 Merge - SIM Problem

Arkhamknight02
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

Same as everybody else, I received notification that my virgin plan would be switched to o2 a while ago. I decided to stick with them as I was being given 4x the data I was on with Virgin and the plan was cheaper so I thought why not.

Over a week ago, I received the new o2 SIM card and completed the sim swap instructions, once my virgin SIM card had lost all connection, I inserted my new o2 SIM card. I quickly realised I could make calls and send text messages but unable to receive either.

On Tuesday, I went to my local o2 shop, luckily it’s just 5 mins away from where I live and spoke to them. They couldn’t see any reasons as to why it wouldn’t be working and got a blank SIM card and did the swap again.

I thought it would all be alright but it’s still the same today. Can anyone offer me any advise on what to do? 

I haven’t kicked up much of a fuss with the network as this number isn’t my main, I just need access to switch everything over. It’s been driving me around the best.

Sorry for the long post, feel as though I may have needed to vent my frustrations.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arkhamknight02
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

Thank you both for taking the time to contact me in regards to my problem.

I can now say it has been sorted, I called Virgin, the person I was speaking to had no clue about anything I was saying. I got passed through to 4 more advisors with virgin before being passed to o2. 

After having a brief chat with the customer service agent, she advised me she was going to raise this with virgin to make sure the port went through properly. I was told this would take 7-10 working days. I called on Friday and the problem was sorted by Monday afternoon. 

Very grateful to the o2 team for getting this sorted for me quickly and efficiently. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8124 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1663 Solutions

I think you have done as much as you can

I will ask one of our Advisors to contact you. Look out here for a message

@O2Georgina can you help @Arkhamknight02  Thanks

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 

@Arkhamknight02  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 3 of 4

Arkhamknight02
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

Thank you both for taking the time to contact me in regards to my problem.

I can now say it has been sorted, I called Virgin, the person I was speaking to had no clue about anything I was saying. I got passed through to 4 more advisors with virgin before being passed to o2. 

After having a brief chat with the customer service agent, she advised me she was going to raise this with virgin to make sure the port went through properly. I was told this would take 7-10 working days. I called on Friday and the problem was sorted by Monday afternoon. 

Very grateful to the o2 team for getting this sorted for me quickly and efficiently. 

Message 4 of 4