Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All incoming calls show as unknown caller

ad31677
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been having this problem with my Moto G82 5g for a couple of months now.  I am an former Virgin Mobile customer who got transferred although I think the issue started long after that.

Can someone at O2 take this up with me via private messaging, please!  I need to be able to filter my calls and cannot.  I have already tried a whole host of Android settings and supposed fixes.

Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@ad31677 

Other customers who have suffered the same issue have needed intervention from tech support to completely reset their account.

This involves a network disconnect and would need to be requested from customer services to tech.

Full contact guide given in the first post above and the social media teams are probably the best wayy to address the issue for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@ad31677 

No one can call you from here, sorry.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Did you switch your original VM SIM for a new O2-branded SIM, @ad31677 ?

Your best bet to do that is to drop into an O2 shop, with some photo id, and let them do the swap for you.

It also gives you a chance to show O2 Tech in the Store what is happening, as there is a bolt-on that O2 can apply to your account that helps with CLI Identity, but the telephone CS agents deny it's existence, oddly. Good luck, @ad31677.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Before this post was stripped out it was attached to a thread with a number of possible resolutions and the request from the OP was for just for O2 help.

Moving posts like this loses all context and gains nothing.

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Most likely this one...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/All-incoming-calls-show-as-unknown-caller/m-p/1697261/hig...

which also repeatedly states that O2 have to be contacted, not the other way about.

Had @ad31677 read those, they would not have asked the for a call-back, I suspect - as well as having seen the elusive CLI Presentation Facility Bolt-On mentioned therein:

1000019983.png

So: should the two threads be re-merged?

Message 5 of 9

ad31677
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks pgn and MI5 for the replies.  I'll try and get down to my local O2 store and see what they can do.

I've had the SIM a couple of years - since around about the time I upgraded to the Moto 5G device but before the VM/O2 merge/collaboration.  I've tried most the other things already except actually calling them - just been too busy.

My bad, I know, for not fully reading other posts.  Sorry.  On VM forums a post on a topic would often get you a tech support ticket after one of their folks sees the post.  But I should know better than that.  Wasn't actually expecting anyone to phone me though.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@ad31677 

Other customers who have suffered the same issue have needed intervention from tech support to completely reset their account.

This involves a network disconnect and would need to be requested from customer services to tech.

Full contact guide given in the first post above and the social media teams are probably the best wayy to address the issue for you.

Message 7 of 9

ad31677
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a note to say I now have this resolved.  I popped into my local O2 store where the staff raised a ticket for this.  The next day (Weds.) caller ID started working again.  Thanks O2, MI5 and pgn for a quick turnaround.. 

Have a great weekend!

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

You're welcome @ad31677 

Message 9 of 9