Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive voicemail when at home on wifi

HandH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are unable to access voicemails when we are at home on the Wi-Fi with mobile data switched off.

This has resulted in us missing extremely important calls.

We have contacted customer services several times-we’ve been given various codes to put in to resolve the issue-none of which have worked.

Having called again today we have now been told that there is no means of getting voicemail to work unless we are using mobile data which would mean having it on all the time and never using wifi here at home or anywhere.

We have been told that it is the same issue with all mobile providers.

We are fed up of being given different information each time we call.

Can someone once and for all please give us the correct advice on this issue.  We would be so grateful.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149082 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@HandH 

You need mobile data on but can also have wifi turned on for all other data use.

It's just that vvm requires a mobile data connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149082 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@HandH 

You need mobile data on but can also have wifi turned on for all other data use.

It's just that vvm requires a mobile data connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

HandH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. I do not remember having this issue with other mobile providers.

So you are saying that the only way to receive voicemails is to have mobile data on all the time and to never use Wi-Fi at home or out anywhere?

This means I will just use up my mobile data allowance extremely quickly.

You advised me to have mobile data and Wi-Fi on so that mobile data can be used to access voicemail can you say that the Wi-Fi can be used for other things - So if I am using the Internet on my phone how do I know whether it will be using my mobile allowance or whether it will be using Wi-Fi?

I find it very hard to believe that voicemail cannot be accessed through Wi-Fi – this must be a choice of the mobile phone providers to force us to use mobile data to access voicemail

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149082 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@HandH 

It's only visual voicemail that needs data.

Normal voicemail does not.

Wifi will take priority for data use when you are connected to wifi so will not use your mobile data.

Message 4 of 4