Did you mean: 

Unable to receive OTP text message - in Australia

NikkiG88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

i have an 02 e-sim on a monthly plan. I am unable receive OTP text message from my UK Bank/ Insurance companies since moving to Australia earlier this year. 

my phone has two sims (Physical one for Aus and e-sim for UK). The e-sim was set up in UK before I left and it was working fine (i.e receiving text, calls etc). 

I went to the Apple store today and they said it is a network issue because it says "SOS only" .

I thought my plan had  "O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On" but i can't see it under my bolt ons. Should i?

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? Any solutions to share?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11620 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@NikkiG88 

If the e-sim has SOS only then it is not connected to the Oz network correctly, so try and connect to another network.. 

If you dont have the bolt on then you dont have Travel Inclusive Bolton.. 

I would contact o2 - send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), or use skype and call on +44 800 902 0217 ( Guide: A Guide to Skype  )

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

NikkiG88
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

hoping someone may have some further advice on this.

I am still having issues with connecting to one of the Australian networks with my Travel Bolt on. It still says SOS / no service. I have tried selecting different ones (Testra, Optus etc) ,  changing it from 5G to 4G, roaming switched on etc. My Travel Bolt on is valid for another next 2 weeks. 

I've tried a few other things like turning off my phone too and turning off my Australian SIM and keeping my UK e-sim on ...

Any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38544 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide has all the tips.

Note that O2 Travel, the £6 per day you use it bolt-on, has no expiry date.

If your tariff does not qualify for O2 Travel Inclusive, or you do not have the Volt version of O2 Travel Inclusive,

1000018499.png

then O2 Travel is all you have.

Your issue may be related to local signal quality, is it the same in all places? Are others around you using the same network with no problems?

Do you have a Zero Spend Cap?

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Is there an international bar in place?Guide: O2 BARs 

Have you removed and cleaned your O2 SIM card, or tried it in the other SIM slot if you have a dual-SIM phone, @NikkiG88?

Message 4 of 6

NikkiG88
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much for your tips. 

I have managed to activate it and received my OTP on my UK sim today. For some reason, it needed me ot activate both my UK e-sim and previous physical UK sim ( even though the physical sim has been replaced by my Aussi sim).  

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38544 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Such are the weird and wonderful ways of O2, @NikkiG88 🤷

Message 6 of 6