Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port number

julia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was paying for my sons 02 account. He has now bought a new iPhone from 02 and wants to keep his old number. He bought the phone on the 15th March and we still have been unable to port the number. We have gone to the 02 shop twice now and they have not been helpful. The staff there told us that customer service are rubbish and that customers always have a problem porting numbers. They said “ that’s just how it is” .

iam still paying for his old account even though I have paid off the small amount owable. Meanwhile my son will be paying for a brand new phone but can’t use all families on it.

This is ridiculous. Can anyone help with this? My son is autistic and this is causing him untold stress.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But I settled the small amount of money owed and do not want to pay anymore air time for my son. My son now has a new iPhone and airtime that he is paying for but the old account which was in my name is still open and I’m being charged!!! This is ridiculous . My son can’t use all the facilities on his  new phone for some reason  like texting which is really important for him.

Message 11 of 15

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

1. If your old SIM fits in the new phone, do that for now.

Sorting out transfer of ownership at the weekend can be a bit difficult, as O2's systems only update overnight, and not always at weekends.

2. If the SIM does not fit into the new phone, then a SIM Swap or Migration (from one O2 SIM to another O2 SIM) is needed: Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update goes through that process, which can also be done from your son's MyO2 app:Screenshot_20230202-141422.png

3. This is an O2 USER Forum, where users try to help - O2 rarely follow-up on items posted here unless an O2 Advisor on-shift (all days except Sunday) is tagged into the conversation - even then, the Advisor may be working on multiple other cases and it can take a short while for them to get back to you.

Hopefully something in there helps, @julia.

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147220 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to help @julia but she won't be on here until 8.00am Monday.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 15

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@julia From your post here it sounds like the transfer of ownership needs to be processed again. If these accounts are in two different names this would be much easier to resolve by contacting customer services again on 202. 

Message 14 of 15

Julia6
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do you think it is acceptable to advise doing this for the fifth time?

Message 15 of 15