Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded Apple Watch won’t connect error 08

ta88ycat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After O2 cancelled the wrong watch on my account (!), I am unable to setup my watch again. 
See error below. I have been on with support who took my watch serial number (?) and reset it then told me to try 24 hours later. I still get the issue. 
This happened to me a few years back when trying to reconnect a cancelled watch. Support had no idea at the time. It was O2Sarah or O2Emma who fixed it on the spot.

help!

paul

The error is:

We’re setting up your Apple Watch on the O2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Lorraine52
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having exactly the problem, O2 cancelled my watch connection in error. It was working perfectly with cellular until that point. I’m finally after nearly 5 weeks got through to complaints but the chap is unsure of a fix. Do you happen to remember the lady’s name you spoke to?

Message 21 of 22

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Lorraine52 wrote:

I’m having exactly the problem, O2 cancelled my watch connection in error. It was working perfectly with cellular until that point. I’m finally after nearly 5 weeks got through to complaints but the chap is unsure of a fix. Do you happen to remember the lady’s name you spoke to?

As per my answer to your question in similar vein on another thread:

Activate Apple Watch Guide 

Go for it!

Message 22 of 22