Did you mean: 

Text I didn't send

Peter94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

Tonight my phone sent my partner this random message without any input from myself 'Right I'll phone you when I'm on my own', to say the least it wasnt recieved well. It happened just after a system update by samsung. 

Any advice would be great as to why this has happened and if anyone else has experienced this issue before.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Was it a queued, failed, message that got sent after the phone restarted and the messaging app sent any unsent messages, @Peter94?

Message 2 of 6

Peter94
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, there was no unsent or failed messages it was just a random message and it was sent hours after the update

Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Peter94
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi this could be something similar to that as my partner and myself are both on the same o2 account ... is it possible that an error in the update or the way it was recieveced could have triggered this message to be sent and it was sent to her because we are on the same account and plan? @pgn 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Strange one, @Peter94 - a shared account should not play into it, unless you have also swapped SIMs between phones at some point... Can't think of anything else at the moment, I am afraid. Does the SMS being sent show up in your SMS history, or even on your call and text details in O2's billing system?

A call to O2 may help trace it if it is not in your SMS history but definitely came from your phone, but I doubt such queries are classed as essential at this time. 

Message 6 of 6