Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to iPhone - Freestyle Libre 2 Issues

Nagasaki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I decided to get an iPhone to try it out. Never had one before my self and been an Android user since 2010.

I am a diabetic and use a Freestyle Libre 2 sensor to monitor my blood glucose levels.

On my past phones, Samsung S24 Ultra, S23 Ultra and a Pixel 6 I think it was the sensor app worked fine 99% of the time. The app would lose connection to the sensor from time to time when going out of range and it didn't always re-connect on its own. But that happened maybe once a month or so.

With the iPhone 15 Pro Max it loses connection all the time. I can have the phone next to me and never walk away from it and it would lose connection. I have been on the phone to Abbot about it, We have wiped data, reinstalled the app, Replaced the sensor and I have even tried a reset of the phone. Nothing has sorted this out so far.

This is not a small issue. This app and sensor is vital for my health and wellbeing. If my blood glucose drops in the night when I am sleeping and the sensor and app lose connection then that could end very badly indeed.

Does anyone know what the issue might be with this? But most importantly, I am using O2 Switch Up but I am only at about 40 days into the 90, Would it be possible to switch back to an android phone since I NEED this sensor and app to work reliably and that's just not happening.

If it can be fixed then great. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that's causing the connection to drop out.

The connection to the phone is via Bluetooth but uses NFC for the initial scan and setup as well as manual reading of the sensor.

I have been keeping my blood glucose a few points higher than usual as I do get drops in the mornings quite often that do need me to take action for but that can not continue as it will be putting my health at more risk.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148371 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Nagasaki 

Not uncommon for Libre app updates to cause such issues and probably needs another update to fix what they broke with the last one.

Try this app instead https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/shuggah/id1586789452

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23847 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3763 Solutions

@Nagasaki According to this link the maximum to return if your device is faulty is 30 days: 

Returning your device | Help & Support | O2

Have you contacted Apple?: Contact – Official Apple Support (UK)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148371 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28402 Solutions

@Nagasaki 

Not uncommon for Libre app updates to cause such issues and probably needs another update to fix what they broke with the last one.

Try this app instead https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/shuggah/id1586789452

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11156 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

Sounds similiar to what Philips do with there CPAP App, fix one bug add 2 new ones... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 5

Nagasaki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this. This app is working great so far.  Only downside is the abbot app shares my readings with my GP and this one does not support doing it via the abbot link thingy they use. 

Message 5 of 5