Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap 5g

Dawnfluffy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I have a new iPhone for my daughters b day next month, it takes a new 5g sim which has been sent with the phone.

I am not going to set it up until I give her the phone but my question is how do I set this up?

do I just put the new sim into new phone but how will it know it’s her account etc?

I can see on 02 there is a sim swap but I am slightly confused as not technical at all!!

also will the new sim allow her to have same Apple ID etc? Sorry if stupid questions!!!

thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

A sim swap only transfers the number onto the new sim

Everything else stays the same

Only transfer the number if you are in a 5G area, otherwise use the same sim as she now uses

If you want to use the new sim then text the word SWAP  from the sim she is using

Once the phone loses signal then put the new sim in the phone and reboot it at regular intervals until the phone regains network signal

Guide here

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93492 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

A sim swap only transfers the number onto the new sim

Everything else stays the same

Only transfer the number if you are in a 5G area, otherwise use the same sim as she now uses

If you want to use the new sim then text the word SWAP  from the sim she is using

Once the phone loses signal then put the new sim in the phone and reboot it at regular intervals until the phone regains network signal

Guide here

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Message 2 of 2