Did you mean: 

Sim Swap nightmare! :(

SlowJamz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning

I'm having no signal following a failed sim swap. I was sent a 5g sim to replace my 4g sim and the process didn't complete. I was told it would be ok after 24hrs, this was back on the 21/12. Its now been a week and I'm without my phone still. I have called up many times to the Customer Service department and no one seems to be able to help. Just that it was raised and sent to the 'back team' to resolve as the sim is stuck in processing/reserved? and will be 5 days. this was back on the 22/12.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be repaired so I can get my phone working again?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10651 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@SlowJamz 

Sim swaps do fail unfortunately, and they do take time to fix especially over a bank holiday... 

Your best bet is to go to an o2 store with Photo ID and see if they can issue a replacement sim card, or just keep persevering with o2 customer services

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

SlowJamz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I’ve been to the store which also was no help as the system wouldn’t allow the CS agent to reassign a fresh sim, or ESIM.

I’m hoping it will be solved this week, before I return to work. 🙏🏽

Message 3 of 10

SlowJamz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2 Hi Dave, wondering if you can help with what I'm experiencing with my sim swap issue? I've searched the community and seen that you've helped a few others here. wondering if you can shed any light?

I did a sim swap on 21/12 and up to now I still have no signal 😞 been a week since, contacted O2 CS many times, and the local O2 store cant help, as apparently it's stuck in processing?

Thanks

Message 4 of 10

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @SlowJamz 

Can you please drop me a PM with some more details and i'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 10

SlowJamz
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All sorted as of this morning, fingers crossed slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

RandAlThor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@SlowJamz Hi 😃

Sorry to bother you, but I see that you had a similar issue to what I am currently experiencing, how did you get it resolved? I've been to two different stores and also spoken to 4 different customer service agents on the phone, but nobody is remotely bothered to try and have this resolved.

Message 7 of 10

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RandAlThor 

You have tried to re-open a thread from last December, and if you click on @SlowJamz's name, you will see that he has been offline since 29 December 2023. hence, it seems unlikely that he will respond. 

It looks like @Dave-O2 sorted out the issue for @SlowJamz ; have you thought of messaging his social media team and asking them to help ? You can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2

Message 8 of 10

RandAlThor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian Thank you very much. I've already connected with Dave, but was hoping to hear from the rest of the community about their experience.

I've been speaking with O2 via phone, chat, Twitter and Instagram over the past 3 days, but have not been able to get a reasonable response =( Except the wait for the backend team to process the ticket which certainly isn't good enough considering that this is an issue of their creation. The fact that nobody seems to be bothered at all is quite disappointing.

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RandAlThor 

Yes, I can see why you would be disappointed. 

You posted in message 7 (above) that "...you had a similar issue to what I am currently experiencing...". Could you please summarise exactly what your problem is ? If anyone has experiences to share with you, they will then do so. 👍

Message 10 of 10