cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigh, me too…. Not receiving some of my SMS text messages after porting number over.

FloridaDino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I’ve just returned to O2 after being away awhile. I was previously with Sky Mobile and have just ported my number over, now have a monthly contract with o2 for the new Pixel 7.

Its been a full week now, and although some text messages can be sent and received, a lot can’t. I can send and receive messages to my wife’s phone for example, but when Ebay sent me verification texts, I don’t get them. O2 sent me texts which I have received ok, but not the NHS verification texts, or my Nationwide banking app verification texts. It does seem to be primarily verification texts, or at least they are the most obvious.

Its a big issue for me, as I’m currently not able to access either my banking or my NHS app ( I’m currently receiving treatment so very important I receive messages as a matter of urgency).

I have read through all the previous stuff and have tried various suggestions but none have worked.

puzzled mostly by the fact that I can receive some texts fine, but not others. Is there something different about verification messages?

any ideas/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7158 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

It may be that the phone is seeing all short numbers as premium.

Don't know about the 7 but on some Pixel phones you could stop such numbers.

Pixel Phone by Google - Turn Premium SMS Permissions On / Off
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings. ...
  3. Tap. Advanced. ...
  4. Tap. Premium SMS access. ...
  5. From the 'Premium SMS' access screen, tap the app then select an option:

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@FloridaDino 

The OTP platform is different from the normal sms platform.

If this part was missed from the port, you'll never receive them.

You need to report it to O2 so they can check if the port was completed properly.

202 from your phone or on social media, links below.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

FloridaDino
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just had a look at this, thanks for the tip.

Under Premium SMS access it says  ‘no installed apps have requested Premium SMS access’, so I’m guessing we can rule that one out?

Message 4 of 14

FloridaDino
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ll get in touch, thanks for the advice, hadn’t even thought of that. Hopefully that’s the reason

Message 5 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

You're welcome and good luck @FloridaDino 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 14

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @FloridaDino were you able to get this sorted?

Message 7 of 14

FloridaDino
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, not as of yet. I made contact with the Twitter team but nothing from them since yesterday. I still have the same issues, so any help would be gratefully received 😊

Message 8 of 14

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @O2nath_ci

Would you be able to have a look at this for @FloridaDino?

Message 9 of 14

O2nath_ci
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Breanna thanks for the tag slight_smile 

@FloridaDino i will private message you 

Message 10 of 14