cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigh, me too…. Not receiving some of my SMS text messages after porting number over.

FloridaDino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I’ve just returned to O2 after being away awhile. I was previously with Sky Mobile and have just ported my number over, now have a monthly contract with o2 for the new Pixel 7.

Its been a full week now, and although some text messages can be sent and received, a lot can’t. I can send and receive messages to my wife’s phone for example, but when Ebay sent me verification texts, I don’t get them. O2 sent me texts which I have received ok, but not the NHS verification texts, or my Nationwide banking app verification texts. It does seem to be primarily verification texts, or at least they are the most obvious.

Its a big issue for me, as I’m currently not able to access either my banking or my NHS app ( I’m currently receiving treatment so very important I receive messages as a matter of urgency).

I have read through all the previous stuff and have tried various suggestions but none have worked.

puzzled mostly by the fact that I can receive some texts fine, but not others. Is there something different about verification messages?

any ideas/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

I'll mention the two advisors currently on duty then @FloridaDino 

Can you please help @O2Daniel @O2nath_ci ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 14

lfaulkeneruk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im having this exact same problem. I cannot receive any verification SMS or calls from Whatapp. Sim swapped from esim to nano sim when I received my new phone (o2 to o2). 

@O2nath_ci Could there be an issue with sim swaps not completing properly?

Message 12 of 14

O2nath_ci
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@lfaulkeneruk i will private message you to look into this 

Message 13 of 14

FloridaDino
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, thank