Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working

Helprequired
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve had my phone stolen on Friday. I got a replacement sim in store the next day and inserted into new phone. Was told it would work in the next 24-48 hours. On insertion, there was four bar signal straight away but no data and unable to

make outward nor receive incoming calls. 

I have since been to the O2 store and called customer service 10+ times for this persisting problem as need phone for banking, work emails, work contacts etc. etc. I’ve been told on multiple occasions that someone has removed a bar others previously could not see. On two occasions they’ve ‘added’ a bar to remove it and to wait 24 hours, again not resolving the issue. They have checked for me the serial number on the sim is matching with the one on the system, I’ve done the network reset countless times as well as turning on and off. 

I have probably spoken to 20 o2 workers in store/over the phone regarding this problem but no one seem to actually know what the issue is. One customer service workers solution was to put me back in the queue to speak to someone else.. 

I’ve now had 6 days of non working phone, is anyone able to advise? Many thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Onetwo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Seems like they are scratching their heads... If you're not in contact I'd consider leaving.

I would request PAC code, transfer it to another network pay as you go if you have one, as you could get your number by Friday or order a new SIM from another network and port the number over when it arrives.  

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148826 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@Helprequired 

There is still a bar on your account which has been missed so far.

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to take a look for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Helprequired I will send you a private message so we can check your account

Message 4 of 5

Helprequired
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I didn’t know about the PAC thing and it is this easy to transfer my number. I will leave by the end of the day if the situation is not resolved. Apart from this thread, the only solution offered to me is either they will ‘fill out a form’ or for me to ‘fill out a form’ and someone will get back to me within 7 working days?? It has been a spectacular waste of time 

Message 5 of 5