Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 1 not provisioned after temporarily working in new phone

essjay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I put my existing O2 4G sim in my new 5G phone.

It worked for about an hour and then started reporting ‘SIM 1 not provisoned’.

Still doing it after a reboot.

I put it back in my old phone and have same error.

I don’t know if this is related but earlier in day I had ordered an eSIM pack to use in my new phone.

So some advice please:

1. Should I just wait for my eSIM pack and will I be able to activate it, considering the current state of the exsting sim, and be able to transfer the old number to the new eSIM?

or

2. Should I request a sim swap first and get my existing number working before I activate new eSIM?

and for interest

3. What might have caused the old sim to error and could it be somethng O2 has caused?

Thanks in advance for any answers or other suggestions.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions

@essjay 

O2 turn off existing sim cards when requesting a new one.

You'll need to wait for your esim pack to arrive now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions

@essjay 

O2 turn off existing sim cards when requesting a new one.

You'll need to wait for your esim pack to arrive now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7395 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sounds like you have fallen foul of O2's latest act of stupidity in that they disconnect the old SIM when a new one is ordered  (plastic or eSIM) This simply leaves people cut off.

No explanation is forthcoming it seems.

Sorry to say you will have to wait it out 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

essjay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @Enlli 

Thanks both for such quick responses.

Patience it will have to be…not my strong point 😉

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 147961 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions

@essjay You're welcome.

Might be worth you checking if you can log in to your MyO2. If you can, the esim QR code might be in there, but no guarantees.

Message 5 of 5