cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested eSIM. Hasn't arrived, now physical SIM is deactivated. What do I do?

lordxenu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I got a new phone, and it only supports 1 physical SIM and eSIM as well. 

I have a SIM already and that network (1pmobile) doesn't support eSIM so I went online to my O2 account and noticed that I can request an eSIM. I thought, being electronic and a QR code that it would get emailed to me or be available on the website. Nope, and it's been 3 working days now and nothing has arrived. Even worse, O2 instantly disabled my physical SIM and now it says that this SIM is not provisioned if I put it in a phone. 

What am I supposed to do now? There doesn't appear to be any online chat facility to talk to O2 about this. If I go to a shop, how do I prove i'm the owner of that phone? since I can't receive any security OTP/SMS on it now they've deactivated the SIM. 

I have to say this is all extremely backwards. I've had eSIMs from three/vodafone/lyca and all of them were delivered to my via email. But I have nothing from O2 and now I have no service on my contract. What am I supposed to do ?

Please help. 

Devices: Pixel 6 (Three unlimited), O2 eSIM, Voxi eSIM. Samsung S8 Ultra 5G (Three unlimited). Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 (Three unlimited). Asus ROG Phone 5 (EE). Virgin Media (250mbit)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@lordxenu 

You go to the local o2 shop with Photo ID, and they verify your account, and they give you the sim card (esim).

We all agree its backwards, but nothing we can do.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

lordxenu
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I will go to the shop with my ID and see if they can help. I really wish I hadn't clicked the button on the website. They should warn you that it disables your physical SIM and that the eSIM won't be delivered electronically. 

Thanks. 

Devices: Pixel 6 (Three unlimited), O2 eSIM, Voxi eSIM. Samsung S8 Ultra 5G (Three unlimited). Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 (Three unlimited). Asus ROG Phone 5 (EE). Virgin Media (250mbit)
Message 4 of 4