Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Sim Issue

cjre84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently thought my husbands phone was lost, so rang O2 to ask them to block the SIM.

We then found the phone, asked them to remove the block which they couldn't.  They said they'd need to send a replacement SIM, which then arrived.  When placed into the phone it shows signal bars, but no 4G symbol, and cannot send messages or make calls (says "Not Registered on Network").

Spoke to O2, went through many steps, system updates, restarts, and tried the SIM on my phone also (it didn't work).  Having exhausted all steps, they sent another replacement SIM.

We tried this one today, exact same result.  The only thing we can think of would be:

a) We need to complete some kind of steps via O2 app
b) To download an E-SIM

But both require access to the O2 app - my husband doesnt know his password and ofc, this requires a 2 step verification including a text to reset!

Are we missing something really obvious?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7774 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

As the new SIM is the same in a different phone I seriously doubt all the bars on the account have been lifted.

The problem is finding someone in customer services that actually knows what they are doing.

Sadly, as we are all customers we cannot access accounts here.

Try the social media team they are more clued up

Links in this guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

cjre84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, it feels like the customer service teams just repeat the same scripts over and over and just don't have a clue, it's getting more and more frustrating.  Thanks very much for the tip, I'll give them a go!

Message 3 of 3