Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with reception of text is

Fat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. I have an issue with the reception of text messages. I can use my phone as usual (calls, Internet and send text messages). I can received text messages,  I don't understand why??? I called O2 and they sent me a new sim card and still the same. I've tried other phone and still the same. I have a Samsung A52. If someone can help me please.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I said in the above post, my SMSC number +447802000322",145 is a little different from that of my wife who uses my other O2 number with her card in my phone everything is correct so I don't see what app would fix a problem on my sim and not on her sim in my phone.

Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145717 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

4 or 5 years later ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The porting of the number was more than 4 years ago since then my number is on O2.

Message 13 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10365 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3043 Solutions

@Galin 

It doesn't matter when you ported the number, it still belongs to Three they own the number range,  so although the number is on o2 you are reliant on 3 doing things in the background, this is how porting works... as pet the National Dialling Plan. 

Think you need to persevere with Customer Services...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't remember the exact date I switched to O2 but it must have been 4 years since then.

Message 15 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Should I then contact O2 or Three mobile to resolve the issue?

Message 16 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145717 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28015 Solutions

As your messages have worked fine for 4 years I'd doubt there was anything Three could do or be interested in.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10365 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3043 Solutions

@Galin 

You need to do it all through o2. 

@MI5 

Wouldn't be the first time a network has deleted old configuration by accident, especially for numbers no longer on the donor network...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 23

Galin
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to wait and once there is a development I will write it can help someone else thank you

Message 19 of 23

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6966 Posts
  • 130 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Is there a cost to Three of keeping alive numbers that have long since left for another network ? 

I wonder whether they assume that numbers will be defunct after say five years and delete them from the register ?  

Message 20 of 23