Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with phone and data coverage - reported twice and no improvement

Scottslass
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have reported issues with my phone coverage at least twice over the past 2 months and had a call back from someone in the tech team asking me the same questions all over again.  I am tied in to a contract till March 25 with phone coverage that isn't fit for purpose.  What can I do.  I have an iphone xr that has had all updates.  i rarely get more than  3G and 2 bars of signal on a 5G enabled phone.  When i am out I cannot get any internet access even though I have 20GB of data ( 3 days until the new month and I still have 19.37 left - probably because i can't use it !!!!!!!!! ).   What can I do.  I need this sorted asap.  My next step is to take legal advice or contact the ombudsman 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Scottslass 

Following on from the advice of @Bambino, it is true to say that none of the UK mobile operators guarantee you any services at all - and that's in their T&Cs. 

However, given what you have said, I would suggest that in any complaint you ask to be compensated on an ex-gratia basis. Mobile 'phone companies and other utility providers will sometimes offer financial redress simply to avoid losing the customer and to resolve the complaint.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23467 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@Scottslass Before you start spending money on legal fees or contacting the ombudsman you need to go through the complaints process: How to Complain | Help | O2 

We have been told by other members of the community that Resolver, which is an independent complaints service that you can find within the link above has had positive results.

Keep in mind that O2 does not guarantee 100% uptime. It's in their Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when you took your contract. No network guarantees that. For the most part it's their 'Get out of Jail Free' card. By all means complain, but be aware that it will be an uphill battle.

In the meanwhile you should get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to find out which network gives you the best signal coverage in your area, and when the time comes for you to switch providers you'll know where to go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Scottslass 

Following on from the advice of @Bambino, it is true to say that none of the UK mobile operators guarantee you any services at all - and that's in their T&Cs. 

However, given what you have said, I would suggest that in any complaint you ask to be compensated on an ex-gratia basis. Mobile 'phone companies and other utility providers will sometimes offer financial redress simply to avoid losing the customer and to resolve the complaint.

Message 3 of 3