Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones not connecting to network after travelling

bubbagrub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After a two week holiday in Canada, none of our three phones on O2 would connect to the internet. To be more precise:

1. One phone (mine -- Android) would receive SMS but not send SMS, make calls or connect to 3G/4G. I called O2 tech support who got me to reset network connections. This fixed it instantly. 

2. The second phone (my son's -- Android) can send and receive SMS and can make calls, but cannot connect to 3G/4G. This is a brand new phone which he got just after we got back from travelling, but with the SIM that was in his old phone.

3. The third phone (my daughter's -- iPhone) can send and receive SMS and make calls, but cannot connect to 3G/4G. This phone went travelling with us.

With both phones 2 and 3 I have tried resetting its network connections multiple times, rebooted the phone, etc. To no avail.

I have tried swapping SIMs from phones 1 and 2. This confirmed that the phones themselves are fine, as the SIM from phone 1 put into phone 2 instantly connected to 4G, but the SIM from phone 2 put into phone 1 could not connect.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried calling O2's tech support but they just tell me to reset network connections which worked on one phone but not the other two. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36089 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Take your phones 1 and 2 into an O2 shop, and take some ID for each contract owner with you as well - it sounds like you may have a dodgy SIM in Phone 1, and Phone 2 can be used to test before you leave the shop, based on your diagnostics above, @bubbagrub 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2