Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still waiting to be reconnected following O2 error

JM75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was disconnected in error last Monday. I have made repeated calls to O2 and been told I need to wait for a call from the Reconnect team. I have been promised this twice but no call. This is long overdue and now extremely urgent. Please advise as to how I escalate this matter.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

SJS23
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid I do not know how to tag. However, after another 4 hours 20 mins of being on hold , transferred multiple times I have now been told I must take out a new sim only contract to enable them to migrate my number back to me that they removed in error.

It's frustrating because I only renewed a contract on the 22nd but they have no record of this now.

Of course, being o2 I failed the credit check , first time in 30 years of having an account with them. So now waiting for a response from the waiver team. Never been so stressed. And none of it is my doing!

Message 11 of 16

JM75
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - sorry to hear this has happened to you. Unfortunately, the reconnect team never called me back. I finally got the situation resolved after 4 weeks. I ended up going into an o2 shop and after lengthy call, they confirmed if I purchased new contract (sim only) they would give me back my old number. It has been disconnected fully because of the delay and it wasn’t possible to use my old sim. My advice would be to go into a shop - their assistants were willing to help and didn’t seem to have to wait in endless queues. Good luck.

Message 12 of 16

SJS23
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you for letting me know. Sorry to hear you had such trouble too. The reconnect team never called me back either. 

Not sure if a store can help me now I have failed their credit check.  I was ok to renew my contract on the 22nd, and my daughters on the 17th though! Oh well,  I will see what tomorrow brings. Day 6 of no service!

Thanks again for your advice.

Message 13 of 16

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6114 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SJS23

If you do decide to give an O2 retail store a try - and you have got nothing to lose - you will find details of them here :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

There have been a few closures recently so it's worth checking before making a journey !  

Message 14 of 16

SJS23
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help and advice.  After another hour of speaking to O2 and realising that it could be longer than 10 days of waiting for the credit referral team to send me an email I think the easiest thing would be for me to send for a sim and big bundle deal, get my number back and then look at my options. After 30 plus years with O2 I'm afraid after this fiasco it may be time to swap providers 😔

Once again, I thank you for your help.

Message 15 of 16

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6114 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SJS23 

Please bear in mind that Customer Service is generally mediocre throughout the UK mobile 'phone industry. Hence, if you leave O2, you might well find that it is no better elsewhere. 

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide to do. 👍 

Message 16 of 16