Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still waiting to be reconnected following O2 error

JM75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was disconnected in error last Monday. I have made repeated calls to O2 and been told I need to wait for a call from the Reconnect team. I have been promised this twice but no call. This is long overdue and now extremely urgent. Please advise as to how I escalate this matter.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@JM75 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JM75 

Did you ever manage to resolve this problem ?  

Message 3 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Are you bored?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 16

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Seems a legitimate question.

The more feedback we get the better as far as I'm concerned.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 16

Oxonian
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Enlli 

I actually found that quite an interesting question. The implication is that it was an O2 error but we are not actually told that. How many customers get their 'phone disconnected as a result of O2's error ? I would guess not many ? 

Furthermore, greater detail and the passage of time might lead to other suggestions ; maybe a visit to an O2 retail store or a complaint.

And as you rightly say, feedback is important too if the issue has been resolved.   

Message 6 of 16

JM75
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - to be clear my number was disconnected as a result of o2 error. They incorrectly applied a PAC number to my phone number (which I have had for a number of years) instead of a new sim on my account (for my child). The effect was that my number was disconnected. I have called customer service on 6 occasions, each time being transferred multiple times and ultimately being advised that the Reconnect team would call back. This has still not happened. I have now raised a formal complaint. Hopefully others are not facing the same issues.

Message 7 of 16

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Thank you very much for the update.

Not much can be done once an Official Complaint has been put it. But don't expect a quick reply, they can take up to 8 weeks at present

The incompetence of O2 never ceases to amaze me

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 16

SJS23
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I am going through the same thing. My phone was disconnected by o2 in error when they migrated by number to my daughters phone.  I have been without service for 6 days and have spent 400 mins on the phone to o2 repeating myself , being cut off and getting nowhere. Finally, yesterday I was promised that I would be called by the reconnect team this morning, however, reading your post it seems my relief may be premature! Did they reconnect you? Was your contract still as it was? I'm worried that I will have a battle trying to sort that out next!! Many thanks

Message 9 of 16

Oxonian
  • 5709 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@SJS23 

If you are addressing that question to @JM75, you will have to tag him thus ! 

If you are not sorted out, have you considered contacting O2's social media team ? They seem to have a reasonable reputation. Contact details are herein :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 # 

Message 10 of 16