Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone cutting out, poor signal, and mast down

Hannahs_pad04
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have been with O2 for 23 year, I feel very loyal to O2, my husband and children all have contracts with o2 but for the past 4 months at least the signal in my area and the City of Bath where I would be below and acceptable service for the £55+ I pay a month. I have registered the poor service and today have received the 6th text messaged saying a mast is down and is taking longer to fix than expected. During the time of the mast being down in my home area, I went to Glastonbury festival 12 miles from home (possibly the same nearest mast) with over 200000 people and Vodafone managed to supply 5G throughout. I even managed to phone someone and send a video during the Coldplay set!!! How come sat in my own house when I make a phone call it get cut off. Only now (6pm Friday 26th July) I have been cut off 3 time calling my husband. Why if there is a mast down for so long can you not put up a temporary mast like in festivals? They obviously work well and then I would actually be receiving the service I am paying for. This is my main frustration I am guessing my tariff is the same as someone living/working in an area where their mast is working and even has 5G where here in Somerset and the City of Bath where I work O2 can not offer 5G. I would appreciate and answer to this message please. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

We can't answer as this is a customer only forum and we have no access to O2 system and plans.

Customer services too will not have information on the network side other than that which is found on the status page and My Network App.

If the phone cuts out at home it sounds like who are not using WiFi Calling which would at least cure that problem.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

As to temporarily transmitters, that is one thing for festivals and the like but something different in an urban environment where temporary planning permission would be required, and that takes months

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Shama

This is not live chat or customer services, so keep your posts to the topic you posted to..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 6

bhaskarsamani
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 57 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why if there is a mast down for so long can you not put up a temporary mast like in festivals

it costs o2 money 

make a complaint, then after 8 weeks take it to the communication ombudsman if it's still not sorted

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

@bhaskarsamani wrote:

Why if there is a mast down for so long can you not put up a temporary mast like in festivals

Instead of just jumping in try reading the thread. I've already explained that

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

japitts
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@bhaskarsamani wrote:

it costs o2 money 

Some MNO's do deploy temporary sites to cover protracted outages, but it all depends on the nature of the fault, what locations are available, whether legal agreement is possible and various other factors.

Glastonbury will be serviced from a different site to the city of Bath. The level of service is not dictated by your monthly bills.

Message 6 of 6