Did you mean: 

O2 coverage

Anniepr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have recently noticed a significant dip in my mobile data network performance.

more often than not despite having 4g coverage and a reasonable signal I am unable to connect to the internet/emails/downloads etc.

My performance is also worse than other brands that use the o2 network such as giffgaff and sky that my friends use.

The problem is not confined to one area, I am experiencing it all over the uk. 
many ideas why? Or what I can do? 
thanks 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38496 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

One thing that has helped me has been to step down from 4G to 3G when things are tight. Usually helps if a transmitter close to me is oversubscribed.

You can follow some of the tips in this guide, @Anniepr - Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? Also set up the O2 My Network app, and create an account so you will be alerted about maintenance on masts in areas you usually frequent: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

The first guide should help you determine if the issue is with your SIM or your handset or just O2's network generally. This guide talks to how buildings affect cellular signals, if needed: Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38496 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

One thing that has helped me has been to step down from 4G to 3G when things are tight. Usually helps if a transmitter close to me is oversubscribed.

You can follow some of the tips in this guide, @Anniepr - Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? Also set up the O2 My Network app, and create an account so you will be alerted about maintenance on masts in areas you usually frequent: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

The first guide should help you determine if the issue is with your SIM or your handset or just O2's network generally. This guide talks to how buildings affect cellular signals, if needed: Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7968 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

If other people around you have better signal on O2. You could try getting a new SIM.

Alternatively swapping SIM cards with them could prove it it is your SIM or a problem with your phone.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3