Did you mean: 

O2 Mistake has left me with no signal

Ahmed6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I have had a O2 pay monthly sim only contract for a while now and on Monday I decided I wanted to purchase an iPad with a monthly plan as well as some accessories. So, I called up O2 and the person on the phone placed my order, all is well. The next day, my iPad arrives and all is well until suddenly I lose signal on my mobile phone. I call up O2 and the first person I speak with does some digging and they say there is some works going on in my area which could have caused this and to 'wait'. I call back again after a few hours and this agent I speak with lets me know that there was a 'glitch' when the order was placed and instead of the agent assigning a new and different number to the iPad - they transferred my mobile phone number to the iPad which has caused this loss of signal. This agent then tells me I need to return the iPad and all of the accessories to have this reversed, I was unhappy with this solution at the time (looking back now, I should have just said yes), I ended up speaking with somebody else from O2 and they said they would leave a note on the account and I could go into my nearest O2 shop with some photo ID and they could reverse this process and I could hold onto the iPad and accessories and not return them. So, the next day I go into an O2 store and they say there is nothing they can do for me, however, they will try to activate an esim on my mobile phone (I presume the one that they installed on the iPad) so at least I could have some signal, access to data etc. The store people try to activate the esim on my phone and we wait for maybe 15-20 minutes and it says 'processing', they tell me it should be an instant process and to call customer service when home. So, it's now Wednesday afternoon and I call customer service and they tell me to wait 24hrs in case the esim finishes processing, it doesn't. I call again on Thursday and they say they have now raised a ticket and it can take 5-10 business days for the back office to resolve this. Meanwhile, I am left without service on my mobile phone, unable to make calls, texts because of a mistake that O2 has made and will probably spend the next 2 weeks without signal as they have told me once the esim stops processing, they will need me to return the items before they can reverse THEIR mistake.

This is by far the worst customer service I have experienced by a company. My question is - can I swap to a different network provider today to avoid having to wait another 2 weeks without signal as I need that number for work and other important personal calls?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93900 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

You won't be able to do anything whilst the esim is still processing

You do not have an active account to get your PAC and as far as I know, iPads still don't have the capability of sending texts to get your PAC

However, if you speak to customer service you should be able to insist they give you the PAC over the phone as I understand that your mobile number is now attached to the iPad (if this sim is indeed active?)

Then you should be able to change networks but there may be fees to pay if your contract hasn't ran the full minimum term

Message 2 of 3

Ahmed6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Jonsie

Thank you for the advice

Customer Service told me to factory reset the iPad a few days ago so I've done so and have left it switched off since then

After thinking about this carefully, I think it's best I wait for them to reverse this whole fiasco as I'm afraid if I take action like this, it might jeopardise what they're trying to do.

I'm just hoping I won't be left waiting weeks as I have read other people on these forums have been

Message 3 of 3