Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

Helen27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone please tell me why my phone suddenly cut off mid call and now it says no registered on network, all bills are up to date, I can't make or receive calls not even to o2 on 202, I don't have a landline anymore and I have a heart problem.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

bazwaldo
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After a short hold the agent advised that he was unable to do the same as his colleague back in March 2024 and that he would create an reactivation order for the sim which would take 24 hours to complete.
After this I would be able to add at least £10 phone credit by dialing 4444, the agent then made a refund to my bank account of £19.14 for the previously unused credit which had been lost. This could take upto 5 working days to show up in mu account.
He confirmed that the sim would remain as a Classic PAYG 3-2-1 sim.

If there are any other issues I will note them here.

For my part I will have to make sure that I either text or make a call at least every few months to keep the sim active.

Message 11 of 20

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Glad that seems to be on path to resolution @bazwaldo ! 👍

Please keep us updated on developments. 😀

Message 12 of 20

bazwaldo
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today my sim is now recognised again and *#10# returns 0 balance, I topped up with £20 using my debit card by calling 4444 and checking the PAYG 3-2-1 balance confirms the credit.

Provided the refund for my missing original credit shows up in my bank account everything - I hope - is now fixed and back to normal!

Phew! 🙂

Message 13 of 20

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Excellent @bazwaldo, please you have got finality ! 👍 

Message 14 of 20

bazwaldo
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

16/05/2024

Today I checked my bank account to find that the promised refund from O2 of my unused original PAYG credit of £19.14 has not come through.
On 25/04/2024 the agent promised it would be returned to my bank account within 5 working days.
The only amount showing is the new credit I was asked to add of £20 on 26/04/2024.

I called the PAYG helpline on 0344 8090222 and spoke with an Indian Call Centre agent.
After explaining the above he stated he had to speak to a Team Leader and I asked to speak to the TL directly.
After this I was left on a silent line for several minutes.
WIth no one seemingly on the line I ended the call and instead emailed a complaint to complaintreviewservice@o2.com giving a brief outline of the problems I have had with the sim being unregistered twice and the missing PAYG credit refund.
I will add another note once I hear back from O2 regarding my complaint.

Message 15 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@bazwaldo 

Just to set expectations, you should expect a reponse by mid July at the latest, as o2 like other networks have 8 weeks to respond and in that time no one from customer services will be able to help you on this issue.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 16 of 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

bazwaldo
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A satisfactory solution is very simple for O2 to complete quickly.

If they refund my missing credit as promised then problem solved.

It's about time this issue was put to bed!

Message 18 of 20

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

Knowing O2, it will be left until the very last possible moment, @bazwaldo 

And the e-mail to complaintreviewservice@o2.com will have set a flag against your account that any CS advisor will see, resulting in your query being dropped, most likely, pending outcome of the complaint review and removal of the flag on your account. No CS agents from O2 monitor the Community Forum, so you really need to wait, @bazwaldo. Alas.

Message 19 of 20

bazwaldo
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I don't mind waiting for O2 to do the right thing!

Message 20 of 20