Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No eSIM or working plastic sim

Emma801
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently upgraded my iPhone which included a swap from plastic to eSIM. My plastic sim is blocked but the transfer hasn’t happened. I have no eSIM or working number and the order is stuck on processing. I have contacted o2 several times over the last 5 days and been into the Lincoln store with nothing sorted. I was promised a QR code but this is still to materialise. I desperately need my number for contact from my daughters schools and banking etc 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7812 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

O2 have real problems with eSIMs 

Technically you should be able to install it straight from MyO2 

If not consider going back to plastic or you will have this problem every time you need to swap phones for whatever reason

1000008726.png

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

Deleted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

eSIMs are a nice idea in theory, but a pain in practice ...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Why-not-to-go-esim/m-p/1745052/highlight/true#M13...

If your MyO2 is still functional after it was moved to your new phone, this may work for you -

1000025115.jpg

Otherwise it is back to an O2 shop, where you could swap from eSIM back to a plastic SIM - take photo id with you, @Emma801 

I see another query from you on the same topic here - please stick to one post, it keeps all info in one place. Good luck!

Message 4 of 10

Emma801
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the o2 app my sim is showing as blocked so I can’t do anything via the app. I asked them to unblock my old sim and cancel the sim swap order but apparently can’t do that and then was asked to wait for another 48 hours. Looks like yet another phone call 🙄

Message 5 of 10

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7812 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Try the social media teams, they are UK based and more clued up

Links in this guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 10

Emma801
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no joy, no response from complaints sent in. A plastic sim was posted 3 days ago, still not received and my number is still showing as blocked under the install sim tab. The only response off facebook messenger is they’ll be in touch with a resolution and a tickets been raised. Where do I go from here??

Message 7 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

It can take up to 5 days for a SIM posted to you to get to you, as Royal Mail is the delivery agent, @Emma801 - hang fire until you get that, then take it from there is all I can advise. Good luck!

Message 8 of 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9084 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

You @Emma801 might have made a mistake in submitting a complaint. It is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. And during that period, you might find that other O2 teams are either unwilling or unable to engage with you. 

Let's hope that the SIM reaches you and works !   

Please keep us updated on developments. 👍

Message 9 of 10

Emma801
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah well that’s not filling me with confidence. The plastic sin has arrived and can’t be activated as the previous order for the esim is still stuck at processing. Another ticket raised 🙄 not even given a time frame for calling back this time.

Message 10 of 10