cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cellular network, How can i send recieve SMS for verification purposes or covid vax appointments.

hhanginaround
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the North sea on a rig and have no cellular network. i do have wifi. I need to be able to receive sms messages to do any banking online and i am also expecting a text about my civid vaccination.

Can anyone help me out. Samsung s20 on 02.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149918 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@hhanginaround 

You can't receive sms messages over wifi yet unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

hhanginaround
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is such a pain in the backside in this day and age. I hope they can bring in this service as part of their merger with Virgin.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149918 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions
We've all been waiting for it since they promised to bring it in 3 years ago.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions
@hhanginaround

No chance with Virgin Media, as they piggy back off EE and Vodafone, and their new sims are Belgian based sim cards...

And VM are also very backwards in the stuff they offer on mobile...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 5