Did you mean: 

Nightmare migration from Virgin - still no data

allgoodthings
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey,

Hoping someone here can help me or an O2 support expert can assist.

I was a trouble free Virgin mobile customer a few weeks ago, but then our mobile network accounts were moved to O2. We were assured this would be seamless.

Last Monday afternoon the data on my phone and my daughters stopped working at the same time. We called O2 who advised that as we had been out of the country the previous week, the migration had failed and we would now need new SIMs.

The new SIMs arrived yesterday. We installed them, followed instructions provided to restart etc, still no data. Called O2 again who said that they now needed to do a 'SIM swap' on the back-end. They asked for the serial numbers of our new SIMs. The agent said that they would initiate the SIM swap for both phones and that we should restart after 24 hours and data would work.

This afternoon (24 hours later) we restarted our phones. Nothing. We called O2 again. The agent said that she still needed to change some settings. She said she would do this and that we should restart after 2 hours. I waited two and a half hours, restarted - nothing. No data. I tried calling back but got a message saying that customer support had closed at 6pm.

I am beyond frustrated. Have spent over two hours on the phone to three different agents, all of whom promise that the thing they are going to do, will fix the problem.

I'm sure O2 are aware that young people like my daughter depend entirely on internet-mediated services for communication with their friends and other when they are out - and so away from Wifi. She does not use text or phone and so this is a major problem for her from a safety and security point of view.

Devices are: 
Android Samsung Galaxy A41
Apple 12 mini

Grateful for any help or pointers ... 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7091 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

I would be tempted to check the APN settings on the phone and check they correspond to these

Android = https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

iPhone = https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/5...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 11

allgoodthings
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Enlli thanks v much for your reply pray
Have tried applying these changes in Settings on my Samsung phone, but no joy .. any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12350 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1147 Solutions

As the normal customer services route has not worked @allgoodthings , we can ask the community advisors to take a look.

Can you see if you can help please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 11

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@allgoodthings I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 5 of 11

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Any progress on the SIM swap @allgoodthings?

Message 6 of 11

allgoodthings
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Breanna ... appreciate the check in.
My husband called O2 again yesterday (fourth call) and we have finally got a fix.  Or at least a partial fix ... 
The agent that he spoke to yesterday said that there was a block/bar on both phones, which he removed,and an hour later the data connection for both phones came back on....
Still very frustrating that it took four calls and a lot of our time to get this resolved ... but all good now on my daughters phone.
For my phone, something still not quite right; i can see a data connection on my phone now but the 3G/4G icon that is usually there is missing like when you are getting a poor connection. This seems to be the case wherever I am so not just a location/signal strength thing. I wonder if the settings for my data connection are still not quite right?Screenshot_20230705-105435_Samsung Free.jpg

Message 7 of 11

allgoodthings
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Breanna can you help with my outstanding query above ...? Five days later I still have this problem, as per my last message in this thread ... 

Message 8 of 11

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Sarah- would you be able to take another look for @allgoodthings?

Message 9 of 11

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @Breanna Of course. I was under the impression this was resolved. 

@allgoodthings I can see you still have a connection at the top where you have the H+ but we can take a look to see if we can get any improvement. 

Message 10 of 11