Did you mean: 

Legacy number migration

R171
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've not had access to my old legacy phone number for 10 days. STRESS

Hours of phone calls to the purple legacy team.

Started with the letters about the billing change

I phoned them they set up a new account for my 3 numbers on 360

They sent sims.

Waited for activation nothing called them finally after a week new sims activation with temporary numbers. Scheduled migration of old numbers day came nothing....called promising next day nothing. 48hrs later nothing. Told by O2 chat the numbers don't belong to O2 so need a PAC code. Got pack codes gave them to O2 chat . 

Got change dates on Myo2 sent.

2 numbers changed over but my main account number did not.

Phoned purple team told my number is a business number passed to them no it isn't surprise.  Passed to 360 they said they can't find my number even though purple team legacy told me it was sat on the new system unactivated. 360 promised it would be sorted in 24hrs they would call me back and personally deal with it and follow it through escalating to back team. Nothing happened. I called back purple legacy team they said number is in processing manually escalated to back team its been another 2 days nothing happening. They said they would call and update me. I'm almost through a whole billing cycle on new system without my phone number. It doesn't seem that O2 have control of their own systems or know what they are doing. In the old days people in shop could do everything for you. Does a back team exist as apparently they have a huge backlog of numbers to sort and mine is in a queue to sort out for manual migration with no timelines for 10 days now and I'm stressed out my head to know what to do except to pull my number and go to another supplier which would also mean leaving virgin media too as I have a volt account 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 771 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

@R171 Can you please drop me a PM with some further details and I'll take a look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123946 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7497 Solutions

@R171 

I'll tag our manager @Dave-O2 who has given help before with clients haviing issues with legacy accounts onto 360.

He's not on until Monday but will answer here as I've tagged him.

Meanwhile you could try the social media route.

O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW)

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

R171
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers will post this on one of the social links too. Just feeling fobbed off and lied to by the purple legacy team . I think they have no idea at all whats happening and the others 360 have their hands tied . Who is the back office ...I'm assuming it's a tech team but communication of issues isn't great or this is a mega technical issue affecting many customer numbers and they are scratching their heads of how to fix it

Message 3 of 6

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 771 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

@R171 Can you please drop me a PM with some further details and I'll take a look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 4 of 6

R171
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks to @Dave-O2 for chasing this issue up this week and pushing it forward to a resolution. I finally I have my number ported into the 360 account and all is working 💪.  Thanks everyone the O2 community really was my last hope of getting this sorted and I hope that the teams that interacted on this have learnt something to help this go smother for other customers. Will definitely ask again if anything else. Thanks all🙂

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123946 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7497 Solutions

Great news @R171 and well done @Dave-O2 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6