Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2 and Oppo Find

GerardK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm new to O2, having been with Vodafone for many years. My company phone is O2 however so I do have familiarity with the network. 

I bought two Oppo X5 pros for my wife and I a few months ago and have had nothing but issue, much of it can be resolved by being patient (i.e. loses GPS when driving or when streaming a podcast), or restarting the device when we lose internet fully and it doesn't recover within half hour or so. 

Jus fed up with it - have had SIM change, been into the shop a few times and they've recorded the post codes or approximate areas on the motorway that I lose signal, but saying that they are upgrading kit in the masts doesn't ring true to me, as I don't suffer the same, in all instances, with the work iPhone. 

I didn't have any of this with Vodafone or the Huawei or Samsung phones I had before. 

Any advice? Is the network simply this bad, maybe even just temporarily while improving the infrastructure, or is it the Oppo phones that are issue?

Can't be bothered with restarting daily, flicking in and out of flight mode or whatever other hacks are required - @AS well as having to save routes or media files locally to avoid long periods of drop out....

Not a great first three months experience. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@GerardK 

I'll tag one of our account advisors to see if she can help. @O2Sarah-  are you able to assist here please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

GerardK
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks a lot - just FYI, spinning wheel for about 10-15 seconds to open your reply. 

Message 3 of 3