Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim no internet

FluffytheG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I reported my phone stolen 3 days ago and since then I received a new SIM card for my new phone and did sim swap. But I have no internet connection without Wi-Fi.

I visited the shop 4 times and called customer service 5 times trying to get this sorted. Initially they said there was a GPRS Bar enabled in my account. They lifted it and still no internet. No 4G, 3G, 2G…or anything at all. Signals are fine. I can call and text with no problem.

The staff in the O2 shop even took the SIM card out and inserted into his own phone to check…also no internet which means it’s not about my phone setting. They offered me another new Sim swap and still no internet.

I asked the customer service if there is still anything else restricted in my account due to phone lost report and they said nothing else can be seen. Can anyone help me please to see what is going on? Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@FluffytheG  I will send you a private message now

signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Hi @FluffytheG - I'll tag in an O2 account advisor, as your BARs and the sim swap may have got a bit tangled up - @O2Georgina, I hope, should ask you via PM here tomorrow morning for details to see what needs to be untwisted for you. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

FluffytheG
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. And on top of that, I just discovered I cannot send texts…I can receive texts, make and receive calls. I will wait for Georgina’s PM then! Thanks again!

Message 3 of 5

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@FluffytheG  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 4 of 5

favershamj
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did OP's issue actually get resolved as I am going through this exact same issue, bar the texting problem. Kind regards

Message 5 of 5