cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues .........never ending. Help.

Tolkienista
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have someone phoning back from O2 tomorrow to see if I've been able to follow the instructions they gave me today, so far I've not been able to. I literally had to drive away from home to receive his call (no connection here) because he text to say he'd call at 2 pm, his previous calls did not get through.

I've had ongoing issues with network reception since June, but it's all escalated in the last five days to the point where I'm barely able to make or receive calls at my home address. It's only been accessible on a few occasions to make calls and when I do, the call abruptly terminates.. It's so frustrating, but the guy I spoke to wants to set up and enable WiFi calling and so far what he's asked me to do I can't even access on my phone let alone carry out.

Can anyone help?......I have a Moto G6play  phone.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Have you checked out this guide Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? which includes the status page, and some other things to try to resolve your issues @Tolkienista 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11250 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi @Tolkienista 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum. 

This may help 

You can use wifi calling if your phone supports it https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Not sure that phone is able to do WiFi Calling on O2.

I'm assuming they have turned it on in your account

This is the Moto instructions 

• From a Home screen, swipe up to access all apps.
  • Navigate: Phone. > Menu. (upper-right) > Settings. .
  • Tap. Calls. .
  • Tap. Wi-Fi calling. .
  • Tap the. Wi-Fi Calling switch. (upper-right) to turn turn on or off . If prompted, review the info then tap. TURN OFF WI-FI CALLING. to confirm.

https://status.o2.co.uk/ Will show if there is any recorded problems in your area.

Downloading the O2 My Network App from the Play Store will enable you to track faults, report them and get regular updates

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

Tolkienista
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, I've already read that page......it didn't help. Sorry!

Message 4 of 9

Tolkienista
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's what I think......I don't think it can do WiFi calls. 

As for the O2 app, I've got it on my phone and apparently there aren't any problems in my area, he checked today and said all was fine.

He did mention maybe doing a factory reset which I had to do two years ago when my phone went haywire going from 23 % storage to 99 % storage in a day. 

I just don't know.........it's all so frustrating. I'm not that tech savvy, but it's great to come on here and get informed advice.

Message 5 of 9

TallTrees
  • 11250 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Hi @Tolkienista 

No problem to try hope you can find an answer soon.

Best wishes TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7983 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Two options to rule things out

Maybe a replacement SIM. You could get one from an O2 shop or get them to send one out.

Trying your SIM in a different phone to rule out handset problems. Even if you have to borrow one.

However, in both of these cases if your phone works elsewhere then it has to be down to reception problems at your locality.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

Tolkienista
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called into an O2 store in August to discuss the ongoing issues I was having (at that point it was mainly with sending texts) they suggested a replacement SIM which I let them do, made absolutely no difference. 

I think it's reception problems at my location but I can't understand why it's only an issue since June when I've lived here for 3 and a half years.

Anyway I'll see what transpires tomorrow when O2 call back.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Have you checked out this guide Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? which includes the status page, and some other things to try to resolve your issues @Tolkienista 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9