Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Carrier Update Failed

MarkoPreo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
At the end of last month I had a forced carrier update from O2, which for some reason failed. This means that my iPhone X can no longer take calls, send texts or use data. My mobile data tab in settings simply says ‘Error - an update is required to use mobile data on this iPhone’. I’ve restarted my phone multiple times and I’m displayed with the same message everytime it turns on saying my network failed to update. I’ve spoken to Apple and tried multiple hot fixes but they have said that the problem has been caused by my network provider who pushed through the update. I have since spoken to O2 support and they directed me here. I would really appreciate any help in this as my phone is unusable at the moment.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Try a restore through iTunes
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

MarkoPreo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve tried and no change, still has the same problem
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Only other option is to wipe it completely and set up as a new phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

MarkoPreo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The same issue still persists
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Sounds like it needs to be sent off for repair.
Message 6 of 6