Did you mean: 

Lost number by 02

Kitsrn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help??? 
my daughters account is linked to mine, she moved to Vodafone and got her pac code from O2, transfer went well…. BUT 02 also migrated my number, Vodafone have assured me they do t have it, but I have been chasing 02 for weeks now trying to get them to sort it out. 
told to purchase a new contract and they would attach my number to this, but now have been told it’s not possible.. 

May my wits end. How can they migrate a number without my permission and have lost it. I have had this number for 25 years. 
any advice most welcome. 
they haven’t replied to any emails or complaint. A company that prides its self on communication that can’t communicate when it messes up. 
please help 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@SJS23 

I am not sure that this is something that an O2 retail store will be able to resolve for you.

Furthermore, if your O2 record is marked as being subject to an open complaint, you might find that other O2 teams' are reluctant or unable to interact with you. 

Message 11 of 17

SJS23
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. It was the O2 store that told me to go back if I hadn't had any luck this week.  However, I have managed to speak to an absolutely fantastic helpful lady today from UK customer services who is helping me and I'm hoping to get this issue resolved now she is sorting it. Fingers crossed.

Message 12 of 17

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9031 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@SJS23 

I am delighted that you appear to be on the road to resolution ; please keep us updated on developments. 

I believe that @Dave-O2 might want to feed back your description of ".... an absolutely fantastic helpful lady...". If so, he'll be in touch ! 😀

Message 13 of 17

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian 

@SJS23 So i can feed this back, can you please drop me a PM with the date/time you had the conversation and also your mobile number?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 14 of 17

SJS23
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just wanted to keep you updated. I never got the call back as promised from the O2 advisor so my problem is still not resolved. I spoke to Customer services again on Tuesday and have been promised within 48 hours that I will be getting a call back , and my issue will be sorted. Looks like I will be calling again tomorrow. It has now been 3 weeks of trying to get my old number back and at least 13 hours of calls!

Message 15 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12591 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

What a sorry state of affairs @SJS23 !

Can you do anything to help this along @Dave-O2 ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 17

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 792 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@SJS23 Can you please drop me a PM with some more details on what's happened so far and i'll take a closer look.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 17 of 17