cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to MyO2 without a mobile number.

DrainedandTired
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to login to my "MyO2" account but it has stopped letting me do this.

The login script now presents me with a page asking me to select a mobile number for it to send a text to.

The only number in the drop-down list is one I don't use, don't own and don't recognise so I can't do this.

How do I skip this "security" feature?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

DrainedandTired
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"We're always improving security. So we're introducing Automatic Security Verification software, to check we're talking to you. We'll ask you for your security answer before you speak to us. And if you don't have one yet, or can't remember your answer, we'll help you set it up.

You can set up your security answer online, before you speak to us. Just sign in to the My O2 app and go to Settings, then Security and Privacy, then Change security question."

Message 11 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/apps/my-o2-app may offer a way into your O2 to change settings, @DrainedandTired - or use the URL sent in the Bill payment SMS or email, if you have one handy, after disabling your WiFi (ie use O2's data to access). As ever, with 360 now fully in play, changes are happening at odd times, without warning, on the O2 side for both App and Web access - but I have yet to be challenged for the App. The community forum piggy-backs off the same challenge mechanism, every so often.

Good luck!

Message 12 of 12