cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to MyO2 without a mobile number.

DrainedandTired
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to login to my "MyO2" account but it has stopped letting me do this.

The login script now presents me with a page asking me to select a mobile number for it to send a text to.

The only number in the drop-down list is one I don't use, don't own and don't recognise so I can't do this.

How do I skip this "security" feature?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147205 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@DrainedandTired 

O2 have messed up a system update which is affecting thousands of customers.

1) You can use alternative email to gain access. Give this to O2.

2) Or you can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 147205 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@DrainedandTired 

O2 have messed up a system update which is affecting thousands of customers.

1) You can use alternative email to gain access. Give this to O2.

2) Or you can also request the original email to be released from the original account, and this can then be added to the migrated 360 account (this can take up to 28 days, however should be done sooner) 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

DrainedandTired
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for trying but I don't have Face/Twit/Inst accounts.

I guess I'll just have to stop using their web interface.

Thanks for rtying to help. 

DaT.

Message 3 of 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

DrainedandTired
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, they do, and over the last decade they seem only to change for the worse.

However, I've solved the issue, thank you. I have simply abandoned O2's website. It's an efficient solution.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 147205 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

Well done @DrainedandTired 

A definite workaround 👍

Message 6 of 13

DrainedandTired
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I looked into calling O2. They have lots of options. I could call from an O2 mobile or from a landline. Whichever I used I would have encountered this magnificently brilliant obstacle: 

"We're always improving security. So we're introducing Automatic Security Verification software, to check we're talking to you. We'll ask you for your security answer before you speak to us. And if you don't have one yet, or can't remember your answer, we'll help you set it up.

You can set up your security answer online, before you speak to us. Just sign in to the My O2 app and go to Settings, then Security and Privacy, then Change security question."

The utter lack of alternative options is slightly amusing.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 147205 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

You couldn't make it up (well actually you could as this is O2 after all) !!

You can imagine the discussion when some genius came up with this idea.....

"as we know that thousands of customers cannot login to their online accounts, we can stop them from moaning at us by preventing them from calling by enforcing another level of security that will be impossible for them to pass" 😂

Message 8 of 13

DrainedandTired
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I received a private message from someone welcoming me to the forum. The system cc'ed it to my email addy but I can't reply from that. I need to login to "MyO2".

Can anyone guess what I can't do? Still?

I did try the local O2 shop. The salesdroid didn't seem to grasp the problem. No matter how short the words were that I used to explain the inability to login issue he simply tried to sell me on the idea of "upgrading" my mobile hotspot access to a fibre-to-the-house service.

He didn't seem able to grasp that even with that I wouldn't have been able to login to "MyO2" to manage the thing.

Oh, and I can't add "kudos" to anyone replying as to do that I need to log in to "MyO2" and you'll never guess what I can't do.

Message 9 of 13

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7695 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

If you do not use social media @DrainedandTired, Skype is a possible option :-

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Message 10 of 13