Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping SIM card active

Keeva
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently traveling and left the U.K. 9 months ago. I am still receiving texts on my o2 number, even though I rarely use that sim, and certainly am not paying to send texts as they’re too expensive. Is it enough to receive texts to keep the sim active before o2 deactivate it? I’ve read they do that after 6 months of no use, but that hasn’t happened

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37283 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Keeva Assuming your SIM is PAYG -you need to make a chargeable call every 6 months - how to top up from abroad so you can do this is covered near the end of this Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 37283 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Keeva Assuming your SIM is PAYG -you need to make a chargeable call every 6 months - how to top up from abroad so you can do this is covered near the end of this Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Message 2 of 4

Keeva
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s been more than 6 months since I made anything chargeable and I’m still receiving texts so it is still operational 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 37283 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

As O2 are focused on moving their customers, both PAYG and Contract, to the new backend 360 system at this time, it may be only a matter of time before your phone suddenly goes to "No Service" - if you need the number, the advice above holds good, if you no longer need or want it, do nothing - it will lapse in due course, @Keeva.

Message 4 of 4