Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dongle

Kativ567
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello my monthly dongle internet allowance is 50gb, normally I use around 18-19gb. Now in two weeks it’s showing I used up all of the 50gb even tho I have not used any more internet than usual then last night I added the 2gb bolt on however the device kept showing it was connected to dongle but the internet was still not working so I wasn’t able to use it all. Now I’ve logged into my o2 and it’s saying I got zero left from my 52gb. How is this possible also not given anyone else my password.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hi there @Kativ567 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

I  understand your concern as no one here has access to your account it would be wise to enquire with o2 customer services. 

Best time to call is early morning 08.00am 

These guides may help

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Best of luck hope all is sorted for you soon

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Kativ567 

Are you using the dongle on a Windows machine, and there are lots of updates going out at the moment for Windows 11 and Windows 10 21H2, these are background downloads. 

O2 wont be able to tell exactly what you have downloaded only the volume. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Kativ567 

Set the connection to dongle on your laptop / PC to a metered connection which will restrict the amount of background data it downloads.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @Kativ567. Did you manage to resolve this issue? If so, would you like to share how? It could help other community members in similar scenarios 😊

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 5 of 5