Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to fix a mast ?

Padman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I was moved from VirginMedia to O2 on 2nd Feb 2023.  Had no issues with mobile signal at all on VM.

After switching to O2 we found texts a phone calls would not work most of the time while in home village.

The Network checker says we should get good 3G coverage and good outdoor 4G coverage.

This was not happening so on 5th Feb 2023 I set an alert on the network checker that I had a problem.

It said there is currently a mast issue. My wife was moved to and has the same issue. My daughter on O2 has same issue when she visits.

The facebook community forums confirms same issue.

Dispite many 'phone calls to O2, who just say it is being worked on, the fault has never been fixed and the network check still says they are working on a fault  -  18 months later with no fix.

Can anybody from O2 confirm what is an acceptable fix time?

I have had faults and complaints raised and so no resolution.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Padman 

No one from o2 will tell you anything on this forum, as this is a customer to customer community...

Coverage checkers are a computer generated guess based on perfect conditions, and should not be relied on as to what coverage you will actually get, the only way to do that is to get some sims and test.. 

And as per the terms and conditions you agreed to no network guarantees coverage, and it sounds like either  the landlord where the mast resides has asked for it to be removed (to probably build houses) or o2 have removed it completely.

Have you tried a new sim card if still using the old Virgin Media (belgian sims)?? 

I would suggest if you are out of contract getting some pay as you go sims and testing coverage , then port out and move networks..

All you can do is keep on at o2 if you want to stay with them..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 12

Padman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh  - thanks for prompt reply.

Had three different handsets/different numbers - all have same issue.

Current phone is now a eSim and no change.

I will now call them and hassle them every week.

The issue is only at home and in most of the village.

One I'm travelling or at work there are no issues at all.

Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Padman If your issue is only at home, here's your solution: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Padman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino- the problem is within the village and not just at home.

We use wifi calling at home - but that doesn't resolve the text issues.

@Bambino wrote:

@Padman If your issue is only at home, here's your solution: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

Message 5 of 12

Bambino
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Padman You hadn't said you were using WiFi calling, which is why I suggested it. Have you tried sims from any of the other networks?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

Padman
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Only got people to test their non-O2 phones which work OK.

The village facebook community has a long running ever growning "O2 not working" thread.

The issue come about by VM moving customers from their own (I think EE) service to O2.

The network check actually shows the Masts in the area - and there doesn't appear to be one.

The village is in the middle of a circle where all the masts are several mile away - but does claim up to 4G coverage.

I've had a couple of texts from O2 saying they can't get access to the mast due to the landlord.

I often start to get a string of texts as I drive out of the village.

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
  • 23901 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

@Padman O2, nor any other network guarantees 100% coverage. If non-O2 phones work, and getting coverage at home is a priority, then you need to think about changing providers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7764 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Landlords and land owner being tardy on access is on the increase as they push for a larger rental fee and hold the networks to ransom. If it's landlord problems it can entail the network getting in the legal people as each landlord signed up to an access agreement

The other thing these days is that networks don't necessarily own the masts themselves.

You can phone and hassle them but Customer Services are just likely to fob you off, sad to say

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Padman 

Assume you know where the mast is and who owns the land it's on, so go give them some pressure to allow O2 access to fix it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 12