Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to fix a mast ?

Padman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I was moved from VirginMedia to O2 on 2nd Feb 2023.  Had no issues with mobile signal at all on VM.

After switching to O2 we found texts a phone calls would not work most of the time while in home village.

The Network checker says we should get good 3G coverage and good outdoor 4G coverage.

This was not happening so on 5th Feb 2023 I set an alert on the network checker that I had a problem.

It said there is currently a mast issue. My wife was moved to and has the same issue. My daughter on O2 has same issue when she visits.

The facebook community forums confirms same issue.

Dispite many 'phone calls to O2, who just say it is being worked on, the fault has never been fixed and the network check still says they are working on a fault  -  18 months later with no fix.

Can anybody from O2 confirm what is an acceptable fix time?

I have had faults and complaints raised and so no resolution.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11467 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Padman 

Virgin wasnt with EE for a good number of years, and moved from EE to Vodafone to now o2... 

Have to agree with @MI5 if you know whose land the Mast is on get the village to put some pressure, or the local parish councillors to put some pressure on the land owner..  

As without access to the mast you are up poo creek without a paddle, as if it goes legal it could take years to resolve...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 11 of 12

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 202 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The vast majority of network faults are rectified quite promptly, but there are innumerate reasons why fixes sometimes get delayed.

Third party or external factors usually feature somewhere in protracted cases, and if there is a legal dispute then those can take as long as they take to resolve - although the timescales mentioned in this thread are somewhat unusual.

If the site is greenfield or rooftop, a structural issue can also prevent access.

Virgin Mobile was an EE-MVNO until they moved to VF in early 2020. As part of the UK-JV between O2 & Virgin Media, the user base has now been moved to O2-direct.

Message 12 of 12