Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Not Honouring 3 Year Warranty

secluding
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm writing because I'm really frustrated with how my warranty claim for my OPPO Find X3 Pro is being handled. I bought the phone on September 11, 2021, and it came with a Plus plan that clearly included a 3-year warranty, which should be valid until September 11, 2024.

After my initial contract ended, I switched to a 2-year SIM-only Plus plan. According to O2's warranty policy on your website, my extended warranty should still be valid as long as I stick with a Plus plan.Back in May 2024, I used this warranty to get a free repair on the USB port, and O2 acknowledged the warranty was valid. Unfortunately, the USB port is acting up again, but now I'm being told to contact OPPO, even though their standard warranty is only two years. The last time this happened, OPPO told me it was O2's responsibility to honour the warranty. 

A supervisor incorrectly told me that O2 doesn't offer 3-year warranties, which isn't true based on my contract and your policies. I have all the documents and contracts related to my phone purchase and warranty, and I'm happy to provide them to back up my claim. 

This inconsistency in how O2 is handling my warranty is really frustrating and might even breach our contract. I expect O2 to honour the 3-year warranty as promised. 

Could you please let me know the next steps to resolve this issue quickly? If this isn't sorted out satisfactorily, I might have to look into other options, including contacting regulatory bodies or seeking legal advice, to make sure my consumer rights are protected.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11310 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@secluding 

This is not customer services but a customer to customer community... 

And to be honest if the usb port if playing up that normally indicates user damage, as it has been repaired once, I would say that is the case.. 

However you have 17days left, so why not just do the thing that will hurt o2 more, get your PAC and leave and move to another network.. 

Also before going to the Ombudsman and wasting money on legal advice you need to read the terms and conditions that I am sure you have read in particular 2.3  and then follow the complaints process https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

2.3. The 3-Year Warranty will expire if you move to an ineligible tariff (including but not limited to a non-Plus Plan), or you upgrade and take a new device or SIM only plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/3-year-warranty

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11310 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@secluding 

This is not customer services but a customer to customer community... 

And to be honest if the usb port if playing up that normally indicates user damage, as it has been repaired once, I would say that is the case.. 

However you have 17days left, so why not just do the thing that will hurt o2 more, get your PAC and leave and move to another network.. 

Also before going to the Ombudsman and wasting money on legal advice you need to read the terms and conditions that I am sure you have read in particular 2.3  and then follow the complaints process https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

2.3. The 3-Year Warranty will expire if you move to an ineligible tariff (including but not limited to a non-Plus Plan), or you upgrade and take a new device or SIM only plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/3-year-warranty

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

secluding
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, madasaf1sh. I appreciate your input and I apologies for posting in a customer to customer forum, but I think there are a few misunderstandings I'd like to clear up.

Firstly, regarding the warranty terms, I've double-checked everything carefully. The clause you mentioned (2.3) doesn't actually apply to my situation. I didn't move to an ineligible tariff - I switched from one Plus Plan to another. This keeps me eligible for the warranty. O2 essentially confirmed this themselves when they repaired my device under warranty just a few months ago after I'd already switched plans.

About the USB port; I get why you might think it's user damage, but charging and data transfer are basic functions of the phone. The warranty covers "electrical or mechanical fault through normal use," and charging your phone counts as normal use. O2 already fixed this same issue under warranty back in May, so they've already set a precedent that it's covered.

I appreciate the reminder about the complaints process. I'll definitely follow the proper channels with O2 before looking at other options (I think I will call them again and hopefully get a customer support person who actually knows O2 bundle 3 year warranties with Plus plans). I'm not trying to cause trouble or leave O2 - I just want them to honour the warranty as promised, like they did earlier this year.

I have used the site Resolver to write a complaint to customer service.

Anyway I’ll leave this post alone now.

Message 3 of 3