Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy z fold 3 Faulty and not honouring warranty

Garz88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue and can offer some advice?

I have a Galaxy Z fold 3 and the standard internal screen cover coming off happened to the phone. It got so bad it was coming off completely. The outer screen then started playing up so I had paid for the 3 year warranty and so sent to be repaired. The phone has never been dropped however it did have a mark on the internal screen due to the cover peeling off (well know fault my sons also had this issue). Long story short, When I sent it back they told me it was not covered by warranty. I asked why and they said "we dont know" I then argued saying no one will accept this at least give me a reason. Nothing given and phone sent back to me. I then sent it again after speaking to the call centre team who told me if I try to stick back on the cover that came off they would definitely fix it. They then refused to fix it Quoting me £485 but again refusing to give a reason why. I raised as a complaint and for over 3 months have not even had so much as a phone call. I raised with the comms ombudsman who said its a financial ombudsman issue. Is it normal for people to be given no reason for a refusal under warranty or not so much as an email other that one to tell me my complaints still open and I can talk to the ombudsman if I want? Always been with EE and this is my first venture into O2 and its the worst experience I have ever had paying £70 a month for a phone thats in a box. 

Any advice greatly received as I feel completely helpless at the moment!

Thanks

Gary

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Garz88 

You'd be best placed to speak to Samsung directly, but it is they who set the repairs criteria, so O2 will just be following their guidelines.

Help & Contact Us | Samsung United Kingdom

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2