Did you mean: 

Full 4G Signal but internet will not load

amurphy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

For the last month I have been having issues with internet loading in the BH12 4NQ. I have full 4G signal but the phone will not even send/receive imessages. I know it is not my settings as the phone works fine when I am not in this area, and was working perfectly fine a month a go. It has got so bad that I am now looking to move over to EE network. 

I can get the phone send/receive data by turning Airplane mode on and off, but this will only work very briefly and then the issue returns. 

Please can you advise? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@amurphy 

It seems O2 are aware of issues in the area and are planning work in November to improve it.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

BH12 4NQ.
Our network is currently working fine. If you’re experiencing a problem with service, try switching off your device and then switching it back on again.

Just so you know, from Monday 18 November 2024 we’ll also be carrying out work with the aim to improve our network service in this area. We’re sorry if your service is affected while we work – we’ll do our best to minimise any impact.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

amurphy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 ,

Thanks for the feedback on this one. Sounds like I am going to have to swap network providers then as I can't wait two month for 02 to resolve the issue. 

Message 3 of 7

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 206 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sounds like a typical case of network congestion needing a capacity-add to resolve. Either the site was running closer to limits previously, or usage has increased substantially in a small space of time.

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@amurphy 

All the details on how to cancel can be found here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  and if you have a device plan or on a minimum term contract eg. 12mths then you will need to pay those off before cancelling 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23949 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@amurphy If you're thinking of changing providers get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see which one gives you the best service. You may find that they're using the same mast and having the same issues which would mean switching wouldn't resolve your problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 206 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

...other networks to see which one gives you the best service. You may find that they're using the same mast and having the same issues which would mean switching wouldn't resolve your problem.

Even if different operators share the same structure (tower, rooftop, whatever), the equipment will be separate.

Spectrum deployment, which drives capacity, is operator-specific - different networks will often perform differently from the same site locations.

Testing using a PAYG SIM is wise, though.

Message 7 of 7