cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED UP - No mobile data for over 25 days!

kylie123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted o2 several times via twitter, facebook and by phone. I upgraded my phone on the 23rd March and recieved the new device a few days later. I hadn't left the house for a few days as I was self Isolating and when I went back to work I found that my mobile mobile data had just stopped working. I shows i have 4g but will not load any internet. I can recieve calls and texts fine. I thought this was down to the sim card so ordered a new one. when this arrived I did the text Sim swap and followed the instructions, I am still having the same issue.  I factory reset my old device to see if that would help. but this has made no difference. I had recently compared mobile network info with my husband and mum who are both on 02 and they have the same settings for mobile data and I do not. the main difference is that they both show as IMS registered. so I now believe its to do with the IMS registraion status as mine is showing not registured. I have seen that someone else had this issue too but seem to get resolved but putting sim card in a different phone ( i have done this with three different phones and still says not registered) I have now been without mobie data for 25 days and getting increasingly frustrated with the level of help I have recieved from o2. I understand that we are in lock down and there have been issue with working from home and staffing, but I have not recieve a call or email from anyone who has offered to help me with this.  I have recently started a new job and I really do need mobile data to access my rota as this can change from day to day as work with vulnerable people. If I don't get assistence with this, I will have no choice but to take this to ofcom. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

sorry not yet tried 3g or 2g setting. Will try that now. 

Message 11 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36149 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

When I texted NUMBER to 2020 it worked the first time, said 'busy' the next twice.

Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 again, you will get a reply with the APN settings back, eventually.

You will need to reboot after receiving the reply to install the APN info, @kylie123.

Message 12 of 23

kylie123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @pgn just tried both of those, got the number back fine but the Active one still says the same thing which is sorry we are busy right now. Tried this earlier and twich again now. I will try again in the morning. see if that helps. 

thanks for helping me slight_smile 

Message 13 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
@kylie123

Can you let me know what you see in here:
Go to the Setting menu on your device.
Tap on the Mobile Data/Wireless Controls/Wireless & Networks.
Click on the Mobile Networks.
Now select the Access point names.
Next, choose the o2 APN and verify what is in there if you want to paste it, then,please do before resetting.
Reset to default by clicking the menu icon.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 23

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh 

so it says: 

Name: 02 pay monthly 

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: o2 

Password: *

server: Not set

MMSC: Http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: Not set

MMS Port: Not set

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication type: Pap

APN type: defult,supl,mm,xcap

APN protocol: IPv4

APN Roaming Protocol: Ipv4

Enable/disable APN: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified 

Mobile Virtual Network Operater type: None

Mobile virtual network operater value: Not set

thanks for hellping me slight_smile 

Message 15 of 23

madasaf1sh
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
that all looks good, and nothing a miss.

Did you try 2G n 3G

Can you try resetting your network settings.
Message 16 of 23

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah @madasaf1sh  i have tried checking 2g and 3g but still get nothing and yeah a rest my network settings again. and nothing. I have a feeling that once my next month renews it will work. I am pretty sure its something o2 side on their system they need to change or update. but as they are working from home they may not have access to it 

Message 17 of 23

madasaf1sh
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
@kylie123 If you have nothing with 2G or 3G then that im afraid does indicate an possible issue either with the Sim Card or your account, which im afraid I cant help with.

The only other thing i would try is a full factory reset, which restore the phone to when you first received it.

Best thing to do is keep trying o2 they open at 10am this morning and i would suggest asking them to pass to the 2nd line tech team.
Message 18 of 23

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi @madasaf1sh  thank you so much for your help, really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I have tried factory resetting already and still the same issue. I am 100% sure its and o2 issue their end. This is a brand new sim as i thought that maybe i had damaged my previous one some how. 

again thank you slight_smile stay safe. 

kylie 

Message 19 of 23

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @kylie123 sorry to hear things arent working as they should. Quick question, do you still have your old phone to hand? If so have you tried your sim in it to see if data is working. Just want to establish if the account or the device not working.

signature
Message 20 of 23