cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED UP - No mobile data for over 25 days!

kylie123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted o2 several times via twitter, facebook and by phone. I upgraded my phone on the 23rd March and recieved the new device a few days later. I hadn't left the house for a few days as I was self Isolating and when I went back to work I found that my mobile mobile data had just stopped working. I shows i have 4g but will not load any internet. I can recieve calls and texts fine. I thought this was down to the sim card so ordered a new one. when this arrived I did the text Sim swap and followed the instructions, I am still having the same issue.  I factory reset my old device to see if that would help. but this has made no difference. I had recently compared mobile network info with my husband and mum who are both on 02 and they have the same settings for mobile data and I do not. the main difference is that they both show as IMS registered. so I now believe its to do with the IMS registraion status as mine is showing not registured. I have seen that someone else had this issue too but seem to get resolved but putting sim card in a different phone ( i have done this with three different phones and still says not registered) I have now been without mobie data for 25 days and getting increasingly frustrated with the level of help I have recieved from o2. I understand that we are in lock down and there have been issue with working from home and staffing, but I have not recieve a call or email from anyone who has offered to help me with this.  I have recently started a new job and I really do need mobile data to access my rota as this can change from day to day as work with vulnerable people. If I don't get assistence with this, I will have no choice but to take this to ofcom. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions
@kylie123 what handset are you using? Have you factory reset this device or reset the network settings?

IMS is just a protocol used to send information across the mobile data networks via a different protocol.

Are you able to make mobile calls? What happens if you choose 3G or 2G in the network settings
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@kylie123 

Try to ring O2 on the numerous numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36142 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

If phone is working for sms and calls, try texting ACTIVE to 2020 to get your APN settings.

Or follow the advice here:
https://lowdown.carphonewarehouse.com/how-to/o2-apn-settings/40702/

Moot point if phone cannot make or receive calls or send SMS, back to calling O2 on the numbers in this link as others have said above. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Good luck, @kylie123

Message 4 of 23

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Customer service need to check what data bolt on you have. If you have an iphone change the APN to

mobile.o2.co.uk as a temp. measure.

Message 5 of 23

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am using a samsung A51. I have reset the network settings and the phone and neither has helped. I have phone o2 customer service and they tell me to come here and get one of the Guru's to help me. 

I have entered the mobile settings manually as requested by one o2 member, and that didnt work. I recently went from 20GB to 30GB and my o2 app states i still have 29.95GB. bill was paid yesterday and I 14 days left till it renews. 

Thanks for helping me. 

Message 6 of 23

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried texting that number and i got responce that they are busy and to try again later. 

The phone fuctions apart from Mobile data. 

Message 7 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Keep trying @kylie123 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 23

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

kylie123
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I am using a samsung A51. I have reset the network settings and the phone and neither has helped. I have phone o2 customer service and they tell me to come here and get one of the Guru's to help me. 

I have entered the mobile settings manually as requested by one o2 member, and that didnt work. I recently went from 20GB to 30GB and my o2 app states i still have 29.95GB. bill was paid yesterday and I 14 days left till it renews. 

Thanks for helping me. 

Message 10 of 23